Subject: Re: xargs: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
To: None <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/16/2001 01:42:36 writes:
> alpha> /usr/bin/tar -plzx  -C /usr/pkg/share/texmf  -X
> /usr/pkgsrc/print/teTeX-share/files/exclude  -f
> /u2/disk1/distfiles/teTeX/teTeX-texmf-1.0.2.tar.gz
> alpha> xargs: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
> anyone know about this error?  "xargs: /bin/ls: Argument list too long"
> and what we may be losing becasue of it?

It may be coming from the print-pkg-size-this target of, in
which case we'd just be getting a misleading pkg-size in the binary
package.  I'm not sure how to check whether this is actually producing
the error, aside from throwing in a few "echo" lines into

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University