Subject: Re: Kde 2.1.1 port
To: Kevin Sindhu <kevin@open-systems.org>
From: Nick Hudson <skrll@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/14/2001 09:11:50
Kevin Sindhu wrote:

> Hiya guyz,
>
> Just wondering if there is any reason  why we still have 2.1 in the pkgsrc...

Mainly because KDE 2.1.1 doesn't offer much over 2.1 and 2.2 will be
available soon.

> The reason I ask is, because kde 2.1+Xfree-current on a NetBSD -current(1.5V), randomly kills my keyboard, and thus giving me, nothing but pain and grief...

I've run KDE2 for sometime now (1.5/XFree 3.3.6/i386) and not seen any
major problems with it. Perhaps you could send-pr(1) with your problem
or search the KDE bugs page to see if has been reported there.

Nick
--
aka skrll@netbsd.org, skrll@excite.co.uk