Subject: xpkgwedge and XFree86-4.x
To: None <,>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/12/2001 00:21:38
So, has anyone else had any problems with xpkgwedge and XFree86-4.x?
I've stumbled across a problem in trying to build x11/Xaw3d.  It seems
that bsdLib.rules and bsdLib.tmpl both have differences from their
XFree86-3.3.6 counterparts that prevent smooth integration with

In bsdLib.rules, SharedLibraryLoadFlags and ExtraLoadFlags are
improperly set as it fails to add $(XPROJECTROOT)/lib to the linker

In bsdLib.tmpl, each of the Shared*Reqs variables should be using
$(LDPRELIBS) instead of $(LDPRELIB) as only $(LDPRELIBS) includes

These problems don't arise if you don't use xpkgwedge because then

Is there anyone familiar with the X11 config files that can verify my

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University