Subject: Re: python makefile stuff
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2001 12:42:26
David Brownlee <> writes:
> 	Two more (somewhat related) thoughts:
> 	   a) If a makefile fragment is intended to be included outside
> 	      the package we should probably standardise on
> 	      and document such in Packages.txt

There are only a handful of such packages in pkgsrc, and we can't
standardize what variables and targets such a would
provide because each package requires different things.  Rather than
pretend all of these files are alike, we shouldn't try to force some
common name on them.

> 	   b) Should we look a pulling out the perl magic from
> 	      into a lang/perl/

I'm looking into upgrading perl to 5.6.1, and this is one of the ideas
I'm currently pursuing.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University