Subject: Re: python makefile stuff
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2001 12:42:26
David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> writes:

> 	Two more (somewhat related) thoughts:
>
> 	   a) If a makefile fragment is intended to be included outside
> 	      the package we should probably standardise on Makefile.inc
> 	      and document such in Packages.txt

There are only a handful of such packages in pkgsrc, and we can't
standardize what variables and targets such a Makefile.inc would
provide because each package requires different things.  Rather than
pretend all of these files are alike, we shouldn't try to force some
common name on them.

> 	   b) Should we look a pulling out the perl magic from bsd.pkg.mk
> 	      into a lang/perl/Makefile.inc?

I'm looking into upgrading perl to 5.6.1, and this is one of the ideas
I'm currently pursuing.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/