Subject: Re: python makefile stuff
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/08/2001 17:34:21
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 04:28:23AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Tue, 8 May 2001, Murray Armfield wrote:
> > Currently I use my own pkgsrc area as well as NetBSD's but for python
> > dependancies I need a copy of this Makefile.inc as well as bsd.pkg.mk. Can it
> > be consolidated?
>
> Why?
> The goal is to shrink bsd.pkg.mk, not bloat it...

Actually, that's not a goal that I know anything about; rather it's a
design consideration when implementing features.  Readability,
however, is most definitely a requirement.

OK, so I failed in the EVAL_PREFIX stuff, but show me another way
to do that cleanly, and we'll do it. :-)

Regards,
Alistair