Subject: Re: python makefile stuff
To: Murray Armfield <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/07/2001 22:36:30
Murray Armfield <> writes:
> Hi folks,
>            Just a quickie; is there any effort / interest in moving the
> python makefile include stuff from lang/python/ to

I don't believe so.  It's not hard to include
../../lang/python/ in your own packages, and changes to
just this one file won't affect all other packages as it would if the
changes had to be made to  The perl5 code was integrated
into, but if I had to do it again, I'd separate it out into
a new file to be included by p5-module packages.

> Currently I use my own pkgsrc area as well as NetBSD's but for python
> dependancies I need a copy of this as well as Can it
> be consolidated?

I face similar problems when I work on new php4 packages.  I generally
just make symlinks from /usr/pkgsrc/mk and /usr/pkgsrc/www/php4 into
my local pkgsrc tree and all my problems are solved.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University