Subject: Re: Why no premade openssl-0.9.6?
To: Paul Hoffman <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2001 13:31:56
On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings again. Looking at a recently-supped
> /usr/pkg/security/openssl/Makefile, it says that this is
> openssl-0.9.6. But
> only has
> openssl-0.9.5a.tgz. I'd really rather not build it all by hand. Why
> is the newere OpenSSL not in the pre-builts?

There is no formal release process for binary packages.

I've just now uploaded one. It was built on April 11, against NetBSD
1.5.1_BETA. The only changes made to the package since April 11 do not
look to me like they would materially affect the binary package.

Please let me know if you find a problem with it.