Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3, pkgsrc and OBJECT_FMT
To: Alistair Crooks <>
From: David Brownlee <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2001 17:22:59
	I've had a proper look at it, and the problem comes with packages
	that have constructs of the form:

		.if ${OBJECT_FMT} == "ELF"

	Either we should:

	    a) Fix all such Makefiles (around 34)
 	    b) Catch OBJECT_FMT not being set and fix it in
	       How about using OBJECT_FMT!= make show-shlib-type in a
	       .if !defined(OBJECT_FMT)?

		David/absolute		-- No hype required --