Subject: Re: replacing w3m with w3m-m17n
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2001 15:14:54
On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:05:43PM +0900, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I added w3m-m17n (multilingualized version of w3m) in
> category www, itojun and hubertf suggested that w3m-m17n
> should be named as w3m.
>
> Since m17n feature was not officially incorporated to w3m
> yet, I committed it as a separate package.  However, as a
> NetBSD package, there is no merit to have two similar
> packages to maintain, and w3m-m17n is fully upper compatible
> with w3m.  So I want to remove w3m package and rename
> w3m-m17n as w3m before pkgsrc freeze.
>
> If no strong objection, I'll do it shortly.
>
> --
> SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
> http://www05.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ba2/kei_sun/
> http://frill.yi.org/~kei/

We're in the freeze right now - you should have received mail
telling you that.

Having said that, it would seem smarter to rationalise our w3m
packages, and so I think you should do it.

And to everyone out there wondering what all these references to
"freezes" are, in order to get the tag on pkgsrc for 1.5.1, we've put
a freeze on all new functionality being added to pkgsrc. We hope that
we'll have met the exit criteria in a few weeks time.

More as it happens,
Alistair