Subject: Re: listing change of installed packages
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Charlie Allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2001 05:15:27
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:42:11PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Do you mean like this nifty little change I made to my /etc/daily?
>
> +
> + # this must be done before running /etc/security if you want
> + # /etc/changelist handling to track changes in packages....
> + #
> + if checkyesno run_pkg_info; then
> + 	pkg_info | sort > /etc/packages
> + fi
>
>   if checkyesno run_security; then

This is truly a great little modification, and very useful (well
IMO). I see a lot of people come up with ideas for things like
extra documentation and little mods to /usr/share/example/ .. the
list goes on.

Which list do we talk about mods to the small things like this,
and about getting them integrated? Is it up to someone
@netbsd.org to take it upon themselves and modify the cvs tree?

  C.
--
 charlie@rubberduck.com    Melbourne, Australia