Subject: Re: listing change of installed packages
To: Greg A. Woods <>
From: Charlie Allom <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/30/2001 05:15:27
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:42:11PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Do you mean like this nifty little change I made to my /etc/daily?
> +
> + # this must be done before running /etc/security if you want
> + # /etc/changelist handling to track changes in packages....
> + #
> + if checkyesno run_pkg_info; then
> + 	pkg_info | sort > /etc/packages
> + fi
>   if checkyesno run_security; then

This is truly a great little modification, and very useful (well
IMO). I see a lot of people come up with ideas for things like
extra documentation and little mods to /usr/share/example/ .. the
list goes on.

Which list do we talk about mods to the small things like this,
and about getting them integrated? Is it up to someone to take it upon themselves and modify the cvs tree?

--    Melbourne, Australia    PGP preferred
 F848 3B10 D181 E5EC 84CD  9CA2 7686 6210 FB54 66D1