Subject: Re: USE_JAVA and sun-jre
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/24/2001 09:29:07
On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 07:10:17PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	bsd.pkg.mk has the following under USE_JAVA and PKG_JVM == jdk
>
> 		DEPENDS+=               {sun-jre,jdk}-*:../../lang/jdk
>
> 	unfortunately if you have sun-jre installed without sun-jdk
> 	you can't install at least jdbc-postgres and tomcat-jakarta
> 	as they fail due to the missing javac.
>
> 	Does anyone have any objections to me changing the above to
> 	{sun-jdk,jdk}?
>

> 		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --

On my dmz machines, I really, really don't want a javac on there (or
any compiler for that matter).  Thus, I install packages on my dmz
machines using binary packages, and get around things that way, since
I only need the databases, jdbc drivers and "java" on there.

Your change does make sense, though.

Regards,
Alistair