Subject: Re: CircleMUD
To: Jason R. Fink <jrf@diverge.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/20/2001 22:09:31
On Friday 20 April 2001  3:40 am, Jason R. Fink wrote:
> All,
>
> I have managed to get CircleMUD 3.0bpl18 to compile
> on netbsd-sparc and i386 (both running 1.5) and was
> thinking about adding it to pkgsrc.

Did it need any major changes?  I'm sure that George or Jeremy would happily
take the patches back into the circlemud tree.

> One interesting item I ran into, however. It is
> designed to run from the directory it is unpacked
> into - which again is not a big deal. I can have
> post-install stick it somewhere.

The problem with this is that most people who would run a circlemud are
looking to customise it.  So are more likely to edit src and build into the
same area.

> The question I have is where should that be at?

If it does go into /usr/pkg, I'd think in it's own dir, eg
/usr/pkg/circlemud/ with bin and lib in there along with the autorun script
file.

Cheers,
Chris