Subject: Re: Python with threads
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: None <toh@po.ntts.co.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/19/2001 07:34:20
Hi,

At 18 Apr 2001 16:12:24 GMT,
Ty Sarna wrote:
> > Is this the corrct way of building?
>
> It builds that way, but it won't run very well with Pth because it's
> non-preemptive. The tests will fail, for example. For some applications
> you may be able to get away with this, though. What application do you
> need threads for?

Well, sorry, I haven't tested even the tests :)

I've been developing a small application with python. When I
tried to import Queue module, I found that python on NetBSD
was not built with threads.

This is why I posted the previous mail.

> This is why threads are disabled by default; there are currently no
> reasonable thread library choices for NetBSD. :-(

OK. It's a pity I cannot use the whole python on this great
OS, but I'll wait.

Thank you very much.

FUJIO NOBORI (toh@po.ntts.co.jp)