Subject: Re: distinfo file changes
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2001 18:00:40
Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I was under the understanding that, without the files/ dirs in place
> on the cvs server, anyone who has those directories checked out will
> run into problems. That's why we let cvs prune directories, rather
> then removing them from the server. But I'm obviously past it, so what
> do I know?

  That's a good point, yes.  Also if someone wants to checkout an older,
tagged version, such as netbsd-1-5, we still need this on the server.
So just forget about my previous proposition :-)  We might eventually
think about purging old entries from the repository (and making them
available under pkgsrc-old or some such), but for the moment I don't
think this would be a good idea ;-)

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene