Subject: Re: Perl packlist
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <>
From: Johnny C. Lam <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/17/2001 07:34:31 (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:
> Well, if I ask perl about this, just the way does, perl tells
> me the right things:
> perl -V:installsitearch
> installsitearch='/usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/powerpc-netbsd';
> But a make show-var VARNAME=PERL5_SITEARCH tells this:
> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/powerpc-netbsd

Your perl-mk package may have been created when perl-5.00404 was
installed on your system, and when it created
${LOCALBASE}/share/mk/, it may have defined all of the
PERL5_* variables to their perl-5.00404 values.  Please check if this
is the case by browsing through that file, or seeing if you've
predefined those values in your /etc/mk.conf.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University