Subject: Re: Perl packlist
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2001 17:59:57
p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr (Emmanuel Dreyfus) writes:

> And the fix is not really easy. There are three standard location
> handled by the package system for perl modules:
>
> PERL5_SITEARCH -> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/powerpc-netbsd
> PERL5_ARCHLIB  -> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/powerpc-netbsd/5.00404
> PERL5_SITELIB  -> /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl

[snip]

> Hence two questions:
> 1) I currently have Perl-5.6.0. I didn' expect PERL5_ARCHLIB to point to
> the 5.00404 directory. Is it the normal behavior?

bsd.pkg.mk dynamically computes these values using the currently
installed perl5 binary.  Your results imply that you have a
perl-5.00404 binary in your path that is being detected at
${LOCALBASE}/bin/perl.

> 2) How do I tell the package system to go in
> site_perl/5.6.0/powerpc-netbsd ?

This should be the value of ${PERL5_SITEARCH} if perl-5.6.0 is
installed.  Please just double check your pkgsrc installation of perl
and make sure everything is okay first.

	Cheers,

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/