Subject: pkg_install refuses to compile
To: 'tech-pkg@netbsd.org' <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Cannella, Michael \(ISS Southfield\) <mcannella@iss.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/16/2001 13:22:01
I read over the archives for the pkg_install problems in early March, which
is when this problem began; at that time, I sup'ed and the symptoms were
similar to those described in those posts. Now, however:

 - The system hasn't been in use since then
 - I did a 'sup' this morning.
 - Attempting to make anything but pkg_install gives me the "...your package
tools need to be updated to 2001/03/06 versions...type 'make install' in the
.../pkg_install directory"
 - Attempting to make pkg_install results in:

Extracting for digest-20010320
Patching for digest-20010320
Configuring for digest-20010320
Building for digest-20010320
<-----some compile commands-------->
cc -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wno-uninitialized -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
-Wswitch -Wshadow -Werror -I/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest/work
-DVERSION="20010320" -DHAVE_S
:make: don't know how to make /usr/share/tmac/tmac.andoc. Stop

Nothing on the list seems to mention this problem; can anyone give me some
guidance?

Note: As a security guy, I've run NetBSD as a firewall for a few years, but
never ran apps or services. So, I'm not very familiar with the package
system, which is now appearing as complex and arcane as I imagined; please
use simple instructions and short words to tell me just how ignorant I am
;^/

mike

-----michael cannella  mailto:mcannella@iss.net
-----Secure U: The Power To Educate