Subject: Re: unmaintained packages...
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/30/2001 23:48:15
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Tomasz Luchowski wrote:
> I get 404 not found ... that ~user doesn't even exist on www server.
> I didn't find xart on sourceforge, and google did not help much.
> What do we do in this case? Desperately seek if new homepage is available?
> DISTFILE is still available on MASTER_SITE_LOCAL.

xart claimed to be a successor to xpaint, but it seems abandoned
today. compared to xpaint 2.5.x, xart was at least more colorful, and had
indeed a few more filters. There's still a distfile available at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/apps/graphics/draw/, that link is from
the XPaint homepage. Google didn't turn up an Xart homepage.

If you want to find out for sure, ask the XPaint author that's mentioned
in Xart - Torsten Martinsen (torsten@danbbs.dk / torsten@image.dk).
Another name mentioned in the pkg is David Koblas (koblas@netcom.com) -
it's mentioned a bit out of context, but I guess should know about what's
the deal with xpaint.

I've updated our xpaint pkg to the latest (2.6.1), and comparing both,
there seems to be little what's in xart that isn't in xpaint.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>