Subject: Re: building zoularis 20001003 on Solaris 7/sparc
To: Grant Beattie <grant@grunta.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2001 22:10:22
At 7:03 Uhr +0200 28.3.2001, Grant Beattie wrote:
>After overcoming a few small hurdles, it occured me that maybe someone
>has gone through the same pain that I am trying to build zoularis on
>Solaris 7. :)

I have; and unfortunately I only took cursory notes.

>I had to fix some varargs stuff in err.h and ipv6 stuff in unistd.h,
>and I'm at the point of linking 'ftp' which fails because getreuid/gid
>are referenced in libbsdcompat, but those functions aren't anywhere to
>be found.

ISTR I conditionally #ifdef'ed them out.

>Has anyone written instructions for building zoularis on Solaris 7?

Unfortunately, no. The closest to instructions that I have come across was
a mail to tech-pkg on 20 Sep 1999 from Kimmo Suominen.

Seems like Zoularis is the most NetBSDish of all the packages, reminding me
strongly of the olden days when there was nothing but source... sigh.

	hauke