Subject: libtool: compile: specify a tag
To: None <>
From: Ivan Eriksen <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/28/2001 11:24:24
Ever since upgrading to libtool-1.4.20010219nb4, I have been experiencing
problems with installing libraries. Eg. today I wanted to upgrade
libslang. After successful compile, I get this error when doing make

cd .; /usr/pkg/bin/libtool  cc -c -O2  -fno-strength-reduce -Dunix -DSLANG
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
*** Error code 1

The same error message I have been getting with all libs, I have tried to
install after the libtool upgrade. Does every library pkg in pkgsrc need
to be updated with some tag flags or what's going on?

Output from uname:

bash-2.04# uname -a

NetBSD <hostname> 1.5 NetBSD 1.5 (GENERIC) #1: Sun Nov 19 21:42:11 MET 2000
fvdl@sushi:/work/trees/netbsd-1-5/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

/ IE