Subject: Re: FYI: time to build KDE2
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/26/2001 12:46:55
Hubert Feyrer wrote

> this timing is on a ~500MHz Laptop running 1.5/i386:
>
> kdelibs2 - 2h
> kdebase2 - 3h
> kdeutils2 - 0.5h
> kdenetwork2 - 1h
> kdegraphics2 - 0.5h
> kdegames2 - 0.75h
> kdemultimedia2 - 1.25h
> kdetoys2 - 0.25h
> kdepim2 - 0.5h
> kdeadmin2 - 0.5h
>
> sum - 10.25h (NOT including qt2 X-)
>

> I don't think it needs further comments...

Hey, this doesn't include built of qt2 and all other dependencies
that are required on 'make update' in kde2...

It took me from lunch to after midnight to convert from kde1 to kde2
Welcome to the new generation of unix bloatware :)

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes