Subject: Re: pkgsrc documentation, digest and undefined reference to `RMD160Init'
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2001 17:45:29
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0103091117170.19546-100000@pilchuck.reedmedia.net>,
> 	"Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> writes:
> > As far as I know, there is not a current (development) tree and a stable
> > tree for pkgsrc.
>
> There is stable one: the snapshot that was distributed with NetBSD 1.5.

> > (Can we have a development/testing tree for pkgsrc?)
>
> We have. Remember "pkgsrc" is part of NetBSD-current.

Can you please explain this further?

Is the up-to-date pkgsrc tree really for only NetBSD current?

This is confusing. Consider the following postings; basically they are
talking about a new pkgsrc used with older versions of NetBSD.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Greywolf wrote about "Re: muhah":
> What you are failing to understand is that if one upgrades to a current
> pkgsrc while choosing not to upgrade userland/kernel beyond 1.4(.x),
> because we're now using SHA1 checksums instead of MD5, since those versions
> of the OS do not have OpenSSL, digest is a much better choice.

In addition, why doesn't
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html indicate that
the current pkgsrc is only for -current userland and kernel.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/