Subject: Re: New Zoularis sources available by FTP
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/23/2001 16:23:47
In article <l03102802b6dec6de0941@[192.168.1.4]>,
	Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE> writes:
> I do not mean to be ungrateful, but - any chance to see an enhanced version
> of the 547 byte README of Jun 1999?

Well, Zoularis is still in a state of flux. When I'm finished we will
hopefully have a System V package which can be installed with "pkgadd"
- no, there is no underscore missing - which should make boot strapping
much easier.

> I still shift things around in trial-and-error until they work.

Right now it works like this:

cd zoularis/bsd
./configure --prefix=/usr/pkg --srcdir=/src/NetBSD-current/src
make
make cleandir

> What is a reasonable upgrade strategy?

Just rebuilt Zoularis.

> Can I use the current tarball as a replacement, or does this trigger a
> global pkgsrc rebuild?

Not, that should work. I've started with Alistair Crook's last snapshot,
updated to Christos Zoulas's last snapshot and done lots of development
without rebuilding all packages.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                         http://core.de/~tron/