Subject: Re: multiarch package to test
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2001 23:57:30
Hi Emmanuel,

some random thoughts on the blender pkg...

 * Can we please re-organize the pkg to it does conform a bit better to
   hier(7), i.e. not put it into $PREFIX/blender
 * Don't set IGNORE if no linux ld.so is found, at least not on architectures
   that have a proper emul pkg available (ppc, i386). See netscape for some
   examples.
 * the i386 DISTNAME contains a .tar.gz suffix, the others don't. I think
   that doesn't belong there.
 * The DISTNAME="" at the start of the Makefile looks wrong. What's the
   intention here?
 * About the empty PLIST - please try a 'make clean' and 'make'. Then see
   if there's a .PLIST file in your work directory. you can also force
   generation of that file by "make plist".
 * About the licensing issue, Federic already addressed that. Set
   NO_BIN_ON_FTP, NO_BIN_ON_CDROM, NO_SRC_ON_FTP, NO_SRC_ON_CDROM as
   appropriate.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>