Subject: Re: multiarch package to test
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2001 15:48:40
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

> I've got a multiarch package, and I need some help to test it on alpha,
> sparc and i386 (I did test it on powerpc). Here is the skeletton, there
> should be minor adjustement to get it running on other ports.

I may try later today on i386 if I have time.

> Another problem: My PLIST is not taken into account (the package system
> get an empty PLIST). Any idea why?

Probably because there is no ${PLIST_ARCH}. You probably meant to use
${MACHINE_ARCH} there?

> And a final point: blender is a raytracer. It's a non opensource
> freeware, the license says we wannot distribute it in a commercial way.
> Does this require an additionnal macro in the Makefile?

It depends. If it can be freely downloaded, and the license clearly
permits re-distribution of the orginal and re-packaged versions (which
would be unusual for a binary only package), you can just have

LICENSE=	no-commercial-use

This requires ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES to be set correctly in /etc/mk.conf
to even build the package, and also causes the user to be warned at
pkg_add time. If the license is slightly more restrictive than that,
you may need more, perhaps

RESTRICTED=	"Only the original, unmodified package may be freely distributed"
NO_BIN_ON_FTP=	${RESTRICTED}
NO_BIN_ON_CDROM=${RESTRICTED}

For examples of how to handly varying degrees of restrictions, see the
staroffice, communicator, navigator, sun-jdk, and kermit packages.
(offhand. To see more, grep for LICENSE, LICENCE, NO_BIN, NO_SRC.)

Frederick