Subject: how to cross compile packages ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Matteo Salsilli <macinteo@yahoo.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/13/2001 03:34:14
hi, i'm quite new to the netbsd world, but since now i had
oppportunities to spot its advantages, bringing old boxes to a new
life.

my experience took me to notice that (eg ) the mysql-server package
on a quadra700 (netbsd-mac68k) takes more than 9 hours to compile,
while on aPowerBook G3 400 (netbsd-macppc) it takes less than 1 hour.

Is there somewhere a tutorial on how to "make package" on the
netbsd-macppc, using netbsd-mac68k as a target?

Do I have to build the stuff contained into pkgsrc/cross ?

A quick look at the DOCs into the netbsd.org site seem to treat
croos-compiling just for the kernal building process.

TIA, Matteo.