Subject: Installing a new apache on Canal
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Frank DeChellis <frankd@iaw.on.ca>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/12/2001 15:25:28
HI!

How is everybody doing?  Great, I hope (can I stop kissing up now?)

From the package-tree I installed ap-ssl, p5-ssleay, p5-cgi and I assume
they all install what else they might need.

I can't get it to start up under SSL but I think that has to do with my
initial certificate.  but I am not overly worried about that right now...

when I start up with "apachectl start", It starts up ok...then in about 5
minutes, one of the http process shoots up to ~50% CPU usage and the system
freezes.  before that, none of the CGI scripts anywhere in the system work.
I assume this install would use /usr/pkg/libexec/cgi-bin

what other packages should I be concerned with installing to make a basic
apache install complete

Thanks!

Frank

Frank DeChellis