Subject: Re: another word on 'digest'
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@orchid.plala.or.jp>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/10/2001 11:50:20
On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Masao Uebayashi wrote:

> > Have we quietly dropped support for NetBSD-1.4.3???
>
> I have no idea.
>
> Do we any documentation about our policy (e.g. for pkgsrc)? If we
> don't declare explicitly that the pkgsrc system is supporting the
> 'netbsd-1-4' branchs on any documentation, the above situation may not
> be erroneous.

The question was rhetorical. The consensus has always been that we
_do_ _indeed_ continue to support all older systems, and certainly the
last year's release. At some definite point in the future, we may want
to give up on the older systems, for some good reason. Having :D
available to "make" isn't it. The :D in the "Makefile" is a mistake.

Frederick