Subject: Re: SuSE KDE21 Anyone?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2001 23:42:31
On Friday 09 March 2001  3:25 pm, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Jerry A! wrote:
> > So, I've been jonesing for KDE 2.1 on my NetBSD box for a while now.
> > What can I say, Konqueror is my favorite browser and I'm kinda irked
> > that I can't get it working under my favorite machine.
>
> Cool. Can you comment on the ressouce usage of it, compared to 2.0(.1)?
> What's your machine like (arch, clock, ram)?
>
> On my PIII-800 w/ 128MB RAM, 2.0.1 was really a mem hog and starting up
> new konquerors was not very speedy...

have you updated your libtool to the version in pkgsrc? the pkgsrc version
has a fix in it so that loading of libs doesn't take forever :)  (just
started up www.netbsd.org in 10 seconds from alt-f2 :)

Oh be warned that the libtool from nicks pages has a 1.4a in it's version so
the pkgsrc libtool version check thinks it's older (and it's wrong)

Thanks nick, it's nice not to have to worry about closing windows cos they
take forever to start :)

Cheers,
Chris