Subject: Re: SuSE KDE21 Anyone?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/09/2001 10:35:59
> Wuah, why not bug Macromedia to release a binary for NetBSD, or even
> better, sources? We could compile our own then. Maybe they should think
> about the word "Open Source"...

   GPL Flash (TM) library is a set of source codes that allow to play
   Flash(TM) movies.
   The core of the library is a graphic renderer that is portable is to
   be re-used in applications that need to play Flash(TM) movies.
   This library comes with those freely redistributable tools:

     Netscape plugin.
          Although Macromedia plugin is freely available, it is not
          freely redistributable. The GPL Plugin is also not compatible
          with all Flash(TM) versions.

     Standalone player.
          To quickly play movies without to start Netscape. Can play
          movies on root window (suitable for xscreensaver).

     KDE screen saver.
          Cool screen saver that allows to play Flash(TM) movies as a KDE
          screen saver.

--http://www.swift-tools.com/Flash
--
Trevor Johnson