Subject: Re: Continuing pkgtools version problems...
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/08/2001 19:41:55
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, John Klos wrote:

> My pkgtools, at least on this particular system where I tried this, were
> the original tools that came with 1.5.
> > > Will this be corrected soon?
> >
> > This problem should be fixed already.  I just updated pkgsrc too,
> > although via CVS.  How did you go about updating pkg_install?
> >

> Most of the systems I support have a basic 1.5 install, and the people in
> charge of them now are not really expected to handle these kinds of
> problems, which is why I'm a little concerned about what happens when they
> sup the pkgsrc tree and can no longer build a package.

I had thought "sup" was updated every morning when the daily tarball
is created. Maybe not. What version of bsd.pkg.mk is sup serving?

"anoncvs" is way better than "sup", and not only because it's updated
more frequently. The most important advantage for this sort of
problem, is that you can easily travel back in time to a day or two
_before_ the break. Plus you get automatic merging of local changes,
and commit logs on tap.

Frederick