Subject: Re: pkgsrc build failure
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/06/2001 16:52:10
Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> writes:

> While the fix is being considered, I suggest you roll back "pkgsrc/mk"
> e.g. "cd /usr/pkgsrc/mk; cvs update -Dyesterday". This will let you
> install "pkgtools/digest", or else do whatever you were going to do.
> The next update, use "cvs update -A" to clear the date tags.

Oh yeah; duuh.  Why didn't I think of that?

Next snag:  The pkg_install which was imported from -current appears
to depend on the new .WAIT make stuff.  I can clobber my own copy into
submission, but I'd like to let somebody besides me fix this in
pkgsrc.

legolas$ make install
===> Building for pkg_install-20010306
all ===> lib
"/usr/local/tarpit/netbsd/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/pkg_install/lib/../Makefile.inc", line 6: warning: Couldn't read shell's output for "cd /usr/local/tarpit/netbsd/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/pkg_install/lib/../lib && "
all ===> .WAIT
cd: can't cd to /usr/local/tarpit/netbsd/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/pkg_install/.WAIT
*** Error code 2

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large