Subject: Re: net/eggdrop
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/06/2001 09:27:35
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

: > > I forgot mention it's pkg/12009; url of my unfinished package is
: > > http://zuntum.eik.pl/pkgsrc/eggdrop.tar.gz
: >
: > http://pkgsrc.invisible.yi.org/pkgsrc/eggdrop.tar.gz
:
: The package works, but it requires one to have root permissions to setup
: /usr/pkg/etc/eggdrop.conf, and probably also to write to logfiles.
:
: Can you please modify the package to use (try) ./eggdrop.conf first, and
: the current working directory for the logfiles?

Eggdrop has historically had a -C option to specify config file location;
this shouldn't be a problem.

We have had other packages with default config files writable only by root,
but which were not typically run as root.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/