Subject: Re: Missing files in imap-uw binary packages for i386
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2001 11:08:30
On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 03:57:20PM -0600, Dave Burgess wrote:
> > > The imap-uw-2000a binary package for 1.5/i386 seems to be missing
> > > libc-client.so* (and subsequently, pine will not run). Anybody care to fix
> > > this?
> >
> > I reported a similar problem about a week ago; building from source
> > created a binary which kept searching for libc-client.so in the wrong
> > places.
> >

> While we're at it - I have a couple of patches that I'd like to get
> integrated into the source at some point.  They honor the pw->expire flag,
> so if an account gets expired, the mail can be received, but not picked up
> through either pop3 or imap.
>
> Would this be a patch I should forward to Crispin, or would we handle it
> in pkgsrc, or both?

I think it's probably best to do both - i.e.  send-pr the patches as a
pkg PR as usual, but also forward them to the package's real author,
so that they can be put into the next version.  When the next version
is released, if it includes your mods, we can retire your difss on the
NetSBD side of things.

Regards,
Alistair