Subject: Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/05/2001 11:12:00
On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 04:17:11PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:
> se" package:
> > Base modules for IDE for Unix/X11/KDE
>
> Wouldn't it be better to have a `kde' category? There are enough packages to
> warrant it..

I'm not sure that it's number of packages that is the key here, or
function of said packages - in the past, we've always grouped under
functionality.

Personally, I quite like this, since I can build and install krio to
manage my old PMP 300 using a graphical interface with the minimum of
extra functionality - it just adds the necessary pre-requisite
packages, and not the whole of kde - there's a danger, if krio had
been placed under kde, that I wouldn't have even known about it
(stretching a point, since I added the package, but hopefully you get
my drift).

Regards,
Alistair