Subject: Re: php4-imap fails
To: Markus Illenseer <>
From: Jared D. McNeill <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/27/2001 18:03:16
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> > Same happened to me -- you need to link it against libssl and libcrypto...
>  How is this to be done, please?

My quick hack was to edit ${WRKSRC}/ext/imap/ (I think that was the
file), and add -lssl -lcrypto to the linker args.

Although I am having trouble now (I don't know if it's related or not)
with apache deciding to not start. Ever since I upgraded to php-
I've been having this problem. The only way to get it to start again is to
comment out all of the 'extension=' lines in my php.ini, running
'apachectl restart', uncommenting them, and running 'apachectl restart'
once again. I can't get ap-ssl going because of this (apachectl sslstart
dies a horrible, horrible death: everything else is downhill from there),
and I don't like the idea of using IMP without it. Anybody else having
this problem? I was using PHP4.0.3pl1 before, with pgsql support compiled
directly in (no 'extensions'). I just upgraded to Apache (from to see if that would help but it didn't..