Subject: Re: realplayer
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/23/2001 21:55:33
On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 12:24:33AM -0500, Joseph Sarkes wrote:
> Are there any known issues with realplayer under -current?
> It only works about 1 out of three times for me, and locks
> up pretty badly the other 2 times.
>
> Another more interesting item was that it crashed Xwindows
> on me when trying to run it as a plugin under communicator.
> I have 4.0.2 running here.
>
> If there is any special magic required, please pass it on.
>
> On a related note, how do I access archives of maillist
> articles on tech-pkg stuff, etc.? I don't see it in the
> web page.

I have problems with realplayer too. Works fine on a ligtly loaded box,
but will stop producing sound if the box starts swapping and realplayer
gets stopped for short time (the counter keeps counting but no more sound -
one of the threads looks hung).
I never crashed my X server but I don't use it as a plugin under netscape.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>