Subject: Re: ucd-snmp: proposed changes - please read...
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/08/2001 02:27:36
[ On Thursday, February 8, 2001 at 08:50:03 (+1030), Berndt Josef Wulf wrote: ]
> Subject: ucd-snmp: proposed changes - please read...
> The original Makefile configured ucd-snmp to look for MIBs in
> multiple directories including that of the tcl-scotty. This
> has caused error messages due to syntax errors in some MIB file
> during startup of ucd-snmp resulting in ucd-snmp refusing to
> service requests any connections from snmp clients (the connections
> just timed out).
> Nobody objection, I will implement these changes over the weekend.
> Any comments?

The correct fix is to patch whichever MIB files are causing problems so
that they are usable.

Deleting or ignoring MIBs is not a viable solution if your intent is to
actually use SNMP for anything, at least not unless you want to try and
use raw OIDs everywhere!  :-)

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>