Subject: Re: Problem with sun-jdk-1.3.0
To: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/06/2001 14:18:48
On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 02:57:03PM +0100, Technolord wrote:

> I'm trying to get ArgoUML running on my system, netbsd/i386 1.4.3, suse
> emulation 6.3nb1 (now faithfully installing 6.4)
> ArgoUML (argouml.tigris.org) any verion (both stable and current)
> launches correctly, but when trying to label something the input hangs:
> it doesnt't read from keyboard, it leaves the mouse to the "I" icon,
> doesn't respond to clicks nor keyboard shortcuts;  In other words, stuck.
> I guess it's a NetBSD problem since in the ArgoUML bugbase doesn't appear
> anything like that (and it would appear quite often!)
> I'd also to try with the jdk1.2 (even if 1.3 is officially supported), but
> it isn't anywhere in the pkgsrc tree. If necessary, upgrading to 1.5 isn't
> a problem.
> Is anyone aware of a problem like mine or is it just me? (I found nothing
> in the NetBSD bug database)

It's a bit difficult to tell what the problem is without some more
information.  ktrace and kdump are usually helpful on this, but depend
on the application exiting.  Which leads to one question - what
happens when you send the application a signal?  Remember to check
that "options KTRACE" is enabled in your kernel).

You could also perhaps attach gdb to the process, to attempt to trace
it a bit better.

Finally, I'm sure the jvm will have some form of tracing, so you could
try using it to see what's going on.

Regards,
Alistair