Subject: compiler error trying to make any package
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Phix Labs <phixlabs@hotmail.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/26/2001 23:46:03
hi all, got a problem when trying to make any of the packages.

example:
I go to the /usr/pkgsrc/net/samba folder,
type make, and it goes out and downloads all the files I need,
then I get this output:

/usr/include/string.h:55: warning: confilicting types for built-in function
'memcmp'

/usr/include/string.h:55: warning: confilicting types for built-in function
'memcpy'

/usr/include/string.h:55: warning: confilicting types for built-in function
'strcmp'

/usr/include/string.h:55: warning: confilicting types for built-in function
'strcpy'

cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

***Error Code 1
Stop.

this is on a fresh full install of netBSD 1.5 on i386,
I had this exact problem with 1.4 so I wiped it out and installed 1.5 but
got the same errors. This happens with all the packages. Any help on this
would be great.

Thanks
Phix