Subject: Re: perl update?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/25/2001 12:12:42
>> >if i go and remove the pkg by hand and then install the new one...does
>> >everything get screwed up?  or should i really go around rebuilding 28
>> >things after i reinstall perl?  i'm pretty sure that they all just
>> >wanna know the binary is at /usr/pkg/bin/perl...
>>
>> or...what if i just remove the +REQUIRED_BY file from the pkg
>> database, delete and reinstall perl, and then put it back?
>
>That should work. (Dang, I should get to commit that upgrade patch... :)

well...now i'm screwed.  i left it to build last night (i figured the
build would work, even if the install didn't) and it screwed me.

these two packages

   perl-base-5.6.0     base installation of Perl
   perl-5.00503        Practical Extraction and Report Language

*don't* conflict, so they're both currently installed.  and the
modules (what's the reason for them again?).  the only thing *not*
installed is the meta pkg: perl-5.6.0nb3.

i can't go and delete the 5.00503 pkg now, 'cause that will toast the
5.6.0 installation.  then again, maybe i should go and do it the
stupid way now...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|