Subject: Re: library handling
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/20/2001 21:16:17
Ooops. I posted that in tech-kern once, sorry for the mistake...

> > (a) I think I'm using the old behavior. Should I upgrade pkgsrc?
>
> In general, yes. You should use the most uptodate version of pkgsrc
> that you can. More specifically, in this case, "yes, please upgrade
> pkgsrc."

Just upgrading fixed the problem. Thank you for your help.

One more question: it's an emulation package. It will install Linux
libraries in ${PREFIX}/emul/linux, which turns to be
/usr/pkg/emul/linux. However, the path /emul/linux for Linux libs is
hardcoded in the kernel, so we must put the libraries there.

Is it the user's job to do the link from /usr/pkg/emul/linux to
/emul/linux, or may I do it in the package install rule?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
NetBSD, parceque je le vaux bien.