Subject: Re: mozilla-0.6, not launch.
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Shigeki Uno <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/2001 01:14:34
Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu> writes:

> PREF_Cleanup() seems to be a message to indicate that Mozilla is exiting.
>
> Here's a run on my system:
>
>  /~~~
>
> $ mozilla &
> [1] 1216
> $ Setting content window
> *** Pulling out the charset
> in SetSecurityButton
> Document http://www.netbsd.org/ loaded successfully
> PREF_Cleanup()
>
> [1]    Done                   mozilla
>
>  \___

I see.

> I don't think that you need to set any .Xdefaults.

OKay.

[...]
> Other concerns: Mozilla uses a LOT of memory.  (I think it runs up to just
> over 50MB on my system (i386).  At least, that's what top shows.)  Also,

Over 50MB?  Too much memory.  :-(

[...]
> I'm borthered that it seems to repeat itself.  (``ProfileManager :
> CreatenewProfile [...] ProfileManager : CreateNewProfile [...]'')  Was
> that message (and the others about prfiles) actually printed twice from a
> single run of Mozilla?

A lot of messages are printed but I don't check that ones in detail yet.

Anyway I got to be able to run mozilla! Wow!!

# Note: I sent a e-mail replying to my previous post before reading
        Richard's e-mail, So I'm writing this e-mail after my success.

Thanks a lot, Richard.

Regards,

---
Shigeki Uno