Subject: Re: wine-20001222
To: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/11/2001 13:41:48
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Technolord wrote:
> crtdll.spec.o(.data+0x148): undefined reference to `ecvt'
> crtdll.spec.o(.data+0x18c): undefined reference to `fcvt'
> crtdll.spec.o(.data+0x1f4): undefined reference to `gcvt'
> apparently they should appear in libc (included).
> Any pointers?

Hop to your nearest Linux system and see:

NAME
       ecvt,  fcvt - convert a floating-point number to a string.

       char *ecvt(double number, size_t ndigits, int *decpt,  int
       *sign);

       char  *fcvt(double number, size_t ndigits, int *decpt, int
       *sign);

NAME
       gcvt - convert a floating-point number to a string.

       char *gcvt(double number, size_t ndigit, char *buf);

I think these should be changed to use sprintf() in all the places, then
sent back to the wine author. A workaround would be to detect via autoconf
that the OS doesn't offer them, and include some simple wrappers.

 - Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>