Subject: Re: ONLY_FOR_PLATFORMS into pkgsrc/cross/COMMON
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/05/2001 00:43:00
Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

> 	msaitoh told me that we cannot mix 64bit/32bit as host/target,
> 	for gcc for cross-builds.  if this is the case (and if there's no
> 	easy fix for it) does it make sense to have ONLY_FOR_PLATFORMS
> 	restrictions into pkgsrc/cross/COMMON?

thoreau:~ 4331> uname -m
alpha
thoreau:~ 4332> pkg_info | grep cross
cross-binutils-2.9.1.1 Unified GNU binutils for cross build environments
cross-mipsel-netbsd-1.3.0.0 Cross-compile environment for NetBSD/mipsel
cross-powerpc-netbsd-1.3.0.0 Cross-compile environment for NetBSD/powerpc

There are some minor problems (libc/libkern sha1.c with mipsel, similar
to native sparc64 problems, and one i can't remember for powerpc - I
think something failed to compile with -g), but in general it is fine.
I for one would not be happy to have some sort of ONLY_FOR_PLATFORMS
dance for the cross-tools.

Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/