Subject: Re: ONLY_FOR_PLATFORMS into pkgsrc/cross/COMMON
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2001 10:34:01
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

: 	msaitoh told me that we cannot mix 64bit/32bit as host/target,
: 	for gcc for cross-builds.  if this is the case (and if there's no
: 	easy fix for it) does it make sense to have ONLY_FOR_PLATFORMS
: 	restrictions into pkgsrc/cross/COMMON?

I haven't had the chance to make this work correctly in pkgsrc/cross.  You
*can* mix (in most cases) with binutils 2.10.x and gcc 2.95.x.  However, you
must configure binutils for 64-bit operation always (which will make it
slightly slower, but gcc is the biggest CPU eater anyway).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/