Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg proposal II
To: None <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/04/2001 22:51:12
In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0101030502070.19609-100000@miyu.feyrer.net>
	on Wed, 3 Jan 2001 05:25:34 +0100 (MET),
	<hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> 0. Initial proposal:
>    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2000/10/05/0011.html
I've read threads from it.

> 1. Refined proposal:
Do those files exist flatly?

>    old filename		   new filename		variable
>
>    patches/patch-*         -> patch-*		PATCHDIR
>    files/md5               -> dist-sum		MD5_FILE
>    files/patch-sum         -> patch-sum		PATCH_SUM_FILE
>    pkg/PLIST*              -> plist*		PLIST_SRC
>    pkg/COMMENT             -> comment		COMMENT
>    pkg/DESCR               -> descr		DESCR_SRC
>    pkg/INSTALL             -> install		INSTALL_FILE
>    pkg/DEINSTALL           -> deinstall		DEINSTALL_FILE
>    pkg/MESSAGE             -> message		MESSAGE_FILE
>    scripts/*		   -> *			SCRIPTDIR
>    files/* 		   -> * [1]		-
>
>    [1] Where possible - there are a number of pkgs that have a files/Makefile
>        or similar. Must be renamed to prevent clash.
It might be already discussed, I think it's better to use one
directory like current FreeBSD's ports for storing some files;
patch-*, install, deinstall, message, and so on.

It could avoid name conflict between with filenames and Makefile's
targets, and give more flexibility.

Best regards.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>