Subject: Re: pkgsrc reorg proposal II
To: Witold Wnuk <ww181302@zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/03/2001 12:50:46
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Witold Wnuk wrote:
> What do you think? Does it make sense?

IMHO, no. Too much effort to keep "developer" and enduser version apart,
and the endusers will sooner or later switch back to the developer version
anyways, for a number of reasons. If our endusers want a single file per
pkg, that's what we have binary packages for.

This proposal is intended to reduce the number of inodes by a simple way,
what you propose is complex enough to bear enough errors that it needs
more time than we (I) have right now, and I think we should do that in
another step, IF need arises.

For now, one step at a time.

 - Hubert

--