Subject: Re: What about startup scripts??
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2000 00:13:52
>I thought you could avoid loading the compiler, since it's in comp.tgz.

well...most people will want to build a kernel if they're building
stripped down systems.  on the other hand, you might have another
system that you use for that.

>[If they're not already there, that would also be a good place to put the
> static libraries -- you don't need them if you're not building anything.]

indeed!  and the stuff under /usr/include.  you don't need that if
you're not compiling...although it's nice reference material.  of
course, it would logically follow that section 2 and 3 man pages would
go there, since they're not needed if you're not compiling.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|