Subject: Re: What about startup scripts??
To: Dominik Rothert <dr@astorit.com>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2000 13:01:30
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Dominik Rothert wrote:

> > 		2) drop the startup script in ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d,
> > 			and add a MESSAGE telling the admin to add
> > 			the script to rc.local?
>
> Yes, I think that's the right way. Have a look at the apache
> package for example.

Would it be possible to make /etc/rc read:

files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/* /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*`

instead of:

files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*`

...so we can use lovely rcorder magic goodness in non-core startup
scripts?

Eg, I run xfstt, and it needs to be started before xdm. I've manually
hacked this state of affairs by creating my own script in /etc/rc.d

> -Dominik

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell