Subject: Re: What about startup scripts??
To: Dominik Rothert <>
From: Al Snell <>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/30/2000 13:01:30
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Dominik Rothert wrote:

> > 		2) drop the startup script in ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d,
> > 			and add a MESSAGE telling the admin to add
> > 			the script to rc.local?
> Yes, I think that's the right way. Have a look at the apache
> package for example.

Would it be possible to make /etc/rc read:

files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/* /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/* /usr/local/etc/rc.d/*`

instead of:

files=`rcorder -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*` we can use lovely rcorder magic goodness in non-core startup

Eg, I run xfstt, and it needs to be started before xdm. I've manually
hacked this state of affairs by creating my own script in /etc/rc.d

> -Dominik

                               Alaric B. Snell